Body of missing boy recovered in Yosemite
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The body of six-year-old Jacob Adams was recovered Thursday. Jacob, and his 10-year-old brother Andy, were swept down the Merced River on August 15th while wading near Vernal Fall Footbridge during a family hike. Jacob's body was found about 50 yards downstream from the Footbridge.
Andy was pulled from the river by a park visitor shortly after the incident. Resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful.
Yosemite Park Rangers have been searching the river for Jacob since the August 15th incident. They said fluctuating water levels and treacherous terrain made efforts difficult. Receding water levels allowed authorities to access areas of the river that had previously been difficult to search.
yosemite national park, mariposa county, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 12 min ago
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier 29 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes