Body of missing boy recovered in Yosemite
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The body of six-year-old Jacob Adams was recovered Thursday. Jacob, and his 10-year-old brother Andy, were swept down the Merced River on August 15th while wading near Vernal Fall Footbridge during a family hike. Jacob's body was found about 50 yards downstream from the Footbridge.
Andy was pulled from the river by a park visitor shortly after the incident. Resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful.
Yosemite Park Rangers have been searching the river for Jacob since the August 15th incident. They said fluctuating water levels and treacherous terrain made efforts difficult. Receding water levels allowed authorities to access areas of the river that had previously been difficult to search.
yosemite national park, mariposa county, local
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos