Body of missing boy recovered in Yosemite
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The body of six-year-old Jacob Adams was recovered Thursday. Jacob, and his 10-year-old brother Andy, were swept down the Merced River on August 15th while wading near Vernal Fall Footbridge during a family hike. Jacob's body was found about 50 yards downstream from the Footbridge.
Andy was pulled from the river by a park visitor shortly after the incident. Resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful.
Yosemite Park Rangers have been searching the river for Jacob since the August 15th incident. They said fluctuating water levels and treacherous terrain made efforts difficult. Receding water levels allowed authorities to access areas of the river that had previously been difficult to search.
yosemite national park, mariposa county, local
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter 14 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"