Body of missing boy recovered in Yosemite
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The body of six-year-old Jacob Adams was recovered Thursday. Jacob, and his 10-year-old brother Andy, were swept down the Merced River on August 15th while wading near Vernal Fall Footbridge during a family hike. Jacob's body was found about 50 yards downstream from the Footbridge.
Andy was pulled from the river by a park visitor shortly after the incident. Resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful.
Yosemite Park Rangers have been searching the river for Jacob since the August 15th incident. They said fluctuating water levels and treacherous terrain made efforts difficult. Receding water levels allowed authorities to access areas of the river that had previously been difficult to search.
yosemite national park, mariposa county, local
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS 12 min ago
- Coalinga dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose 13 min ago
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Overseas lotto scams prey on elderly
- Bob Wills home threatened by development
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos