Body of missing boy recovered in Yosemite
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The body of six-year-old Jacob Adams was recovered Thursday. Jacob, and his 10-year-old brother Andy, were swept down the Merced River on August 15th while wading near Vernal Fall Footbridge during a family hike. Jacob's body was found about 50 yards downstream from the Footbridge.
Andy was pulled from the river by a park visitor shortly after the incident. Resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful.
Yosemite Park Rangers have been searching the river for Jacob since the August 15th incident. They said fluctuating water levels and treacherous terrain made efforts difficult. Receding water levels allowed authorities to access areas of the river that had previously been difficult to search.
yosemite national park, mariposa county, local
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Teens using vapor pens to secretly smoke pot in school
- Neighbors on-edge after Squaw Valley pot bust
- Triple Fresno stabbing appears to be random act
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia 57 min ago
- Clovis Rodeo officially underway
- Video: MB2 Raceway Indoor Go Karting hiring in... 44 min ago
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after fire
- Fresno wedding chapel vandalism suspect identified
- Clovis Rodeo officially underway 19 min ago
- Fresno Police arrest Easter morning murder suspect
- Pep Boys shops closed and under suspension
- Man arrested in Fresno home invasion
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- MB2 Raceway Indoor Go Karting hiring in...
44 min ago