Man leads police on chase with baby in car
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in jail Thursday morning after he led police on a chase through Central Fresno while carrying a baby in his car.
Officers say they tried to pull a man over for a traffic violation in the Figarden area Wednesday night, but he kept going. When they eventually got to the Save Mart parking lot near Ashlan and West, the suspect ran inside to get away from officers -- leaving his one year old child in the car.
Officers say they didn't know the child was in the car, until the man got out.
The man eventually came out of the store and was arrested for felony evading and child endangerment. No customers at the store were impacted.
The child is now in the care of his mother.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, high speed chase, local
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos