Man leads police on chase with baby in car
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in jail Thursday morning after he led police on a chase through Central Fresno while carrying a baby in his car.
Officers say they tried to pull a man over for a traffic violation in the Figarden area Wednesday night, but he kept going. When they eventually got to the Save Mart parking lot near Ashlan and West, the suspect ran inside to get away from officers -- leaving his one year old child in the car.
Officers say they didn't know the child was in the car, until the man got out.
The man eventually came out of the store and was arrested for felony evading and child endangerment. No customers at the store were impacted.
The child is now in the care of his mother.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, high speed chase, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos