Fresno liquor store shooting leaves clerk dead
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a shooting at a Southeast Fresno liquor store that left one clerk dead and another one injured.
Fresno Police say the shooting happened around 11 p.m. Thursday night at a liquor store on Tulare and 7th street. Authorities say two people walked into the store, shot the clerk and hit a second employee with a heavy object.
Police say the man who was shot died from his injuries but the other worker is expected to survive.
"Officers responded they saw one of the clerks was down and they immediately started CPR on the individual, the second clerk was talking was able to walk to the ambulance. We have detectives talking to him," said Lt. Mike Doyle with the Fresno Police Department.
No arrests have been made. Fresno Police say they're looking into whether the shooting started out as an armed robbery.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, shooting, homicide, local
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- 2-year-old Fresno boy to be on America's...
25 min ago