Fresno liquor store shooting leaves clerk dead
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a shooting at a Southeast Fresno liquor store that left one clerk dead and another one injured.
Fresno Police say the shooting happened around 11 p.m. Thursday night at a liquor store on Tulare and 7th street. Authorities say two people walked into the store, shot the clerk and hit a second employee with a heavy object.
Police say the man who was shot died from his injuries but the other worker is expected to survive.
"Officers responded they saw one of the clerks was down and they immediately started CPR on the individual, the second clerk was talking was able to walk to the ambulance. We have detectives talking to him," said Lt. Mike Doyle with the Fresno Police Department.
No arrests have been made. Fresno Police say they're looking into whether the shooting started out as an armed robbery.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, shooting, homicide, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe