Fresno liquor store shooting leaves clerk dead
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a shooting at a Southeast Fresno liquor store that left one clerk dead and another one injured.
Fresno Police say the shooting happened around 11 p.m. Thursday night at a liquor store on Tulare and 7th street. Authorities say two people walked into the store, shot the clerk and hit a second employee with a heavy object.
Police say the man who was shot died from his injuries but the other worker is expected to survive.
"Officers responded they saw one of the clerks was down and they immediately started CPR on the individual, the second clerk was talking was able to walk to the ambulance. We have detectives talking to him," said Lt. Mike Doyle with the Fresno Police Department.
No arrests have been made. Fresno Police say they're looking into whether the shooting started out as an armed robbery.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, shooting, homicide, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez 39 min ago
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks 48 min ago
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members