Man wounded in Sanger shooting and stabbing
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Sanger police are investigating an incident that left one person injured in a shooting and stabbing.
It happened around 9:30 Saturday night in the area of K and Edgar. Investigators say one man was stabbed in the hand before shooting at the suspect.
They say they that man then fired a shot at his attacker, who was not hit.
"Upon arrival, we found one individual who appeared to be suffering from a stab wound. At that time we learned that the individual had possibly fired a weapon at a suspect. We canvassed the area for that suspect, we located him," Robert Theile of the Sanger Police Department said.
The suspect with the stab wound was taken to Community Regional Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. Police do not know who the primary aggressor was in the incident. They don't believe it was gang related.
sanger, crimetracker, shooting, stabbing, fresno county, local, carlos saucedo
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos