Man wounded in Sanger shooting and stabbing
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Sanger police are investigating an incident that left one person injured in a shooting and stabbing.
It happened around 9:30 Saturday night in the area of K and Edgar. Investigators say one man was stabbed in the hand before shooting at the suspect.
They say they that man then fired a shot at his attacker, who was not hit.
"Upon arrival, we found one individual who appeared to be suffering from a stab wound. At that time we learned that the individual had possibly fired a weapon at a suspect. We canvassed the area for that suspect, we located him," Robert Theile of the Sanger Police Department said.
The suspect with the stab wound was taken to Community Regional Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. Police do not know who the primary aggressor was in the incident. They don't believe it was gang related.
sanger, crimetracker, shooting, stabbing, fresno county, local, carlos saucedo
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno