Chowchilla woman shot after pointing fake gun at officers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway in Chowchilla, after authorities say a police officer shot and injured a woman.
The shooting happened around 7 p.m. Sunday night, in a vacant lot off Robertson Boulevard near Front Street.
Police went to the area after getting a call about a suicidal person threatening to shoot herself. Officers say as they tried to talk to her, she pointed what looked like a gun at them and refused to drop it. That's when officers shot at her.
The gun turned out to be a toy or replica. The woman was taken to the hospital. Her condition has not yet been released.
The Madera County Sheriff's Office is handling the case. The officers involved are expected to be placed on administrative leave, during the investigation.
chowchilla, madera county, officer involved shooting, crimetracker, local
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos