Chowchilla woman shot after pointing fake gun at officers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway in Chowchilla, after authorities say a police officer shot and injured a woman.
The shooting happened around 7 p.m. Sunday night, in a vacant lot off Robertson Boulevard near Front Street.
Police went to the area after getting a call about a suicidal person threatening to shoot herself. Officers say as they tried to talk to her, she pointed what looked like a gun at them and refused to drop it. That's when officers shot at her.
The gun turned out to be a toy or replica. The woman was taken to the hospital. Her condition has not yet been released.
The Madera County Sheriff's Office is handling the case. The officers involved are expected to be placed on administrative leave, during the investigation.
chowchilla, madera county, officer involved shooting, crimetracker, local
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno 13 min ago
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos