Fresno friends and family remember plane crash victims
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Family and friends are remembering the five lives lost in a plane crash Saturday night in South Lake Tahoe.
Harold and Kin Cardwell were on the plane piloted by their friend, Francisco "Frank" Delamora.
Delamora's wife and young daughter were also killed when the plane went down in a wooded area and burst into flames.
Both Harold Cardwell and Frank Delamora were successful business owners, so their business partners and family members are trying to figure out how to keep the companies operating for now. Loved ones say they are focusing on the good memories to make it through these painful days.
Cardwell was known by many as the man with an amazing voice. 4 years ago he expressed his love for his wife, Kin, in a song. The two exchanged wedding vows in an intimate ceremony in Oregon.
Dominique Dumas videotaped that special day and what he called a tender love. Harold was also a pilot and flew Dumas to the location.
"Anyone who watches it can see that it was for real with them," Dumas said.
In their leisure time, the Cardwells enjoyed ballroom dancing. But many in the Central Valley know Harold from his business. For 25 year's he sold Allstate Insurance.
Monday his office was open but coworkers struggled without the man who they say was a real inspiration.
"That was his nickname for me, I'd always call him in the morning and say 'hey handsome Hal, how are you today?' and he would say 'hello dahling, how you doing today?' And then we'd talk business so he was just one of those people that everyone respected and loved. He was a very kind gentleman," Louann West said.
Across town at Jdm Transport, the mood was also shock and sadness. The pilot, Frank Delamora, founded the company and friends say he worked long hours to build the business from the ground up.
In Delamora's neighborhood those the family knew best were also too upset to talk. They say the couple's three surviving sons are devastated and trying to cope with the loss of both their parents and little sister.
Autopsies were completed today on all five victims and the wreckage was hauled to Sacramento where it will be analyzed by federal investigators.
So far, the cause of the crash has not been determined.
lake tahoe, fresno, fresno county, plane crash, local, sontaya rose
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez 25 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home