Wife of Dejon Baskin testifies against husband
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Reedley woman whose throat was slashed by her Marine husband took the stand Monday to testify against him.
Dejon Baskin doesn't deny that he drove six hours from the Marine base in Miramar to Reedley and attacked his wife's family. But his attorney claims Baskin's military service and three trips to Iraq left him with some mental issues.
Rachel Baskin talked Monday about their courtship, all the way to the day her husband slashed her throat. She broke down in tears before she even said a word.
"It's hard to go from what you thought was going to be the love of your life to somebody who would try to murder you," she said.
Rachel's mother and brother were also attacked and they'll also testify later this week.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty 16 min ago
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
18 min ago
- Fresno State grads simplify the 'gifting'...
34 min ago