Mother scares off kidnapping suspect with shotgun
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An attempted kidnapping in Fresno County between Fowler and Selma is under investigation.
Fresno County Sheriff's investigators have closed Maple between South and Manning while they investigate an attempted kidnapping and burglary.
Investigators say the suspect broke into a home around 8:45 a.m. Tuesday morning. A mother was inside the home with her two-year-old daughter. After a brief struggle between the mother and the suspect, the suspect snatched the girl and started running on foot. The mother grabbed her shotgun and ordered the suspect to surrender. The suspect released the girl, got into a car, and drove away.
The vehicle is described as a dark blue Honda Civic. The suspect is described as white or light-skinned Hispanic male in his early 20s with dirty blond hair.
Investigators are still looking for the suspect. If you have any information on this case, you are urged to call the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
selma, fowler, fresno county, kidnapping, burglary, crimetracker, local, carlos saucedo
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California