Mother scares off kidnapping suspect with shotgun
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An attempted kidnapping in Fresno County between Fowler and Selma is under investigation.
Fresno County Sheriff's investigators have closed Maple between South and Manning while they investigate an attempted kidnapping and burglary.
Investigators say the suspect broke into a home around 8:45 a.m. Tuesday morning. A mother was inside the home with her two-year-old daughter. After a brief struggle between the mother and the suspect, the suspect snatched the girl and started running on foot. The mother grabbed her shotgun and ordered the suspect to surrender. The suspect released the girl, got into a car, and drove away.
The vehicle is described as a dark blue Honda Civic. The suspect is described as white or light-skinned Hispanic male in his early 20s with dirty blond hair.
Investigators are still looking for the suspect. If you have any information on this case, you are urged to call the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
selma, fowler, fresno county, kidnapping, burglary, crimetracker, local, carlos saucedo
- 18-month-old child dies in Kern County house fire 26 min ago
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- Panel restores some pay for California lawmakers, governor
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop