Mother scares off kidnapping suspect with shotgun
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An attempted kidnapping in Fresno County between Fowler and Selma is under investigation.
Fresno County Sheriff's investigators have closed Maple between South and Manning while they investigate an attempted kidnapping and burglary.
Investigators say the suspect broke into a home around 8:45 a.m. Tuesday morning. A mother was inside the home with her two-year-old daughter. After a brief struggle between the mother and the suspect, the suspect snatched the girl and started running on foot. The mother grabbed her shotgun and ordered the suspect to surrender. The suspect released the girl, got into a car, and drove away.
The vehicle is described as a dark blue Honda Civic. The suspect is described as white or light-skinned Hispanic male in his early 20s with dirty blond hair.
Investigators are still looking for the suspect. If you have any information on this case, you are urged to call the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
selma, fowler, fresno county, kidnapping, burglary, crimetracker, local, carlos saucedo
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 2014 'Bowl for Kids' Sake' held in North Fresno
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
43 min ago