Cops in Hanford investigate series of car break-ins
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in the South Valley are investigating a series of car break-ins.
The crimes started last Saturday in the neighborhood of Evergreen and Bonneyview in Hanford.
Someone called police to report that teenagers were trying to steal his car. The man chased the suspects -- but they got away.
Later, police discovered 16-different cars and trucks in the area had been broken into and property was stolen from each one.
Officers say all of the vehicles were unlocked, and they estimate more than two-thousand dollars in property was stolen.
The Hanford Police Department is asking residents to make sure their cars are locked and that valuables are kept out of sight.
crimetracker, burglary, kings county, hanford, lemoore, local
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 51 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 37 min ago
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week 20 min ago
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals