CHP investigates fatal crash on HWY 41
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- The crash at HWY 41 at Ave 12 killed one person and started a small brush fire.
One person is dead and another is in the hospital after their car caught fire in Madera early Wednesday morning. The Madera County Fire Department responded to Avenue 12 and Highway 41 after receiving reports of a vegetation fire. But when firefighters arrived on scene, they found a man with burns on 40-percent of his body. Investigators say they found the man's car a short distance away which contained a body with burns so bad the person is unidentifiable.
The CHP says they believe the car was traveling too fast for the curve, then barrel rolled off of the road catching fire. About one acre of the field was burned.
The man who survived the crash is being treated at Community Regional Medical Center.
madera county, fresno, fresno northeast, fresno northwest, madera ranchos, accident, fire, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake 45 min ago
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say 31 min ago
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings