Woman hit by car in Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A woman is in a hospital after she was hit by a car in Central Fresno. The accident happened just before 11:30 p.m. Wednesday night on Gettysburg near First Street.
Fresno Police are looking into whether the driver saw the woman or if the driver was intoxicated at the time. Officers say the victim was thrown, 75 feet when she was hit by the car.
Gettysburg was shut down for several hours. Police say the driver is cooperating with the investigation.
The woman was taken to Community Regional Medical Center. She was last listed in critical condition.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, accident, local
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia 12 min ago
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'