Large pot bust east of Porterville
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in the South Valley uncovered a large marijuana grow in Tulare County.
Deputies say over 2,500 plants were found east of Porterville on Avenue 146 near Road 278 Thursday afternoon.
A number of the plants were 15 feet high and heavy machinery had to be used to remove them.
Deputies say eight people were taken into custody and could face several charges. They also say methamphetamine and heroin were found on the property.
drug bust, marijuana, tulare county, porterville, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies