Large pot bust east of Porterville
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in the South Valley uncovered a large marijuana grow in Tulare County.
Deputies say over 2,500 plants were found east of Porterville on Avenue 146 near Road 278 Thursday afternoon.
A number of the plants were 15 feet high and heavy machinery had to be used to remove them.
Deputies say eight people were taken into custody and could face several charges. They also say methamphetamine and heroin were found on the property.
drug bust, marijuana, tulare county, porterville, local
- Keeping safe this Memorial Day weekend
- Senate District 16 could be headed to runoff 24 min ago
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued
- Obama: Nation must do more for fallen heroes
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- 5 climbers feared dead on world's 3rd highest peak
- UK zookeeper dies from tiger attack injuries
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Fresno State's famous sweet corn went on sale
- Accuweather Forecast
56 min ago