Large pot bust east of Porterville
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in the South Valley uncovered a large marijuana grow in Tulare County.
Deputies say over 2,500 plants were found east of Porterville on Avenue 146 near Road 278 Thursday afternoon.
A number of the plants were 15 feet high and heavy machinery had to be used to remove them.
Deputies say eight people were taken into custody and could face several charges. They also say methamphetamine and heroin were found on the property.
drug bust, marijuana, tulare county, porterville, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos