Beach party kicks off in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- You don't have to head to the coast to enjoy the beach this Labor Day weekend. You can just head to Downtown Fresno for some fun in the sand instead.
On this Labor Day weekend many people are out trying to take advantage of the last few moments of summer.
Club One Casino's summer splash is a sandy smash with locals enjoying their stay-cation.
"It gives you that beach experience, but being in the Valley, so it's pretty cool. I think it's awesome!" Danielle Thornburg of Fresno said.
Thornburg brought her 4-year-old to play in the pools. Without owning a car, this was the next best thing to finding a ride to the coast.
"We just decided to bring him out here, thought it'd be fun, and it's the best decision we've made today," Thornburg said.
Kids also braved a giant 44-foot water slide called Slidezilla, and it's name did not disappoint.
"It was really fast, it's a little scary," Kassidy Thao said.
Beach volleyball was on full display as well as cabanas providing some shade.
From the beach front in the city to the lake shore in the foothills, families were out looking for a good time under the sun.
"This is nice, we'll take this all day. We have a lot of shade and the sunglasses, her idea," Mike Thieben of Palm Springs said.
Thieben and his friends came to Millerton Lake to enjoy their Labor Day weekend.
"Everybody has Monday off, so we get to recuperate - exactly, and we're going to need it," Yadira Baeza of Fresno said.
But not everyone is off this holiday Monday.
"This is my only day off, I work 6 days a week, so only day off, so I got to enjoy it as much as possible," Chad Ford of Fresno said.
Ford and his family were having some trouble launching their boat into the water but found some luck after a few tries.
The water was a great relief for families to cool down and enjoy the unofficial end of summer.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local, carlos saucedo
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos