Fire destroys building in Parlier
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway after a fire burned through a structure in Fresno County.
The flames broke out around midnight at a vacant building on Fresno and I Street in the City of Parlier.
Authorities say when fire crews arrived at the scene they found the building engulfed in flames. Fire officials also say the same building was the scene of another fire about six months ago. That and other factors made the fire particularly dangerous.
"This particular structure also has a large basement in it. Due to the extent of the fire, the age of the building and the basement represents some safety concerns to us so we're staying outside of the building and using elevated master streams to control all the fire," Chris King of Fresno County Fire said.
Firefighters say at one point they had to get help from the community of Reedley. No injuries were reported and there's no estimate on the amount of damage. The cause is under investigation.
parlier, fresno county, fire, local
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting 57 min ago
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 18 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Craigslist played role in Madera Co. shooting
17 min ago