Fire destroys building in Parlier
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway after a fire burned through a structure in Fresno County.
The flames broke out around midnight at a vacant building on Fresno and I Street in the City of Parlier.
Authorities say when fire crews arrived at the scene they found the building engulfed in flames. Fire officials also say the same building was the scene of another fire about six months ago. That and other factors made the fire particularly dangerous.
"This particular structure also has a large basement in it. Due to the extent of the fire, the age of the building and the basement represents some safety concerns to us so we're staying outside of the building and using elevated master streams to control all the fire," Chris King of Fresno County Fire said.
Firefighters say at one point they had to get help from the community of Reedley. No injuries were reported and there's no estimate on the amount of damage. The cause is under investigation.
parlier, fresno county, fire, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Parker surprises fans with Parker Gram
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos