Fire destroys building in Parlier
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway after a fire burned through a structure in Fresno County.
The flames broke out around midnight at a vacant building on Fresno and I Street in the City of Parlier.
Authorities say when fire crews arrived at the scene they found the building engulfed in flames. Fire officials also say the same building was the scene of another fire about six months ago. That and other factors made the fire particularly dangerous.
"This particular structure also has a large basement in it. Due to the extent of the fire, the age of the building and the basement represents some safety concerns to us so we're staying outside of the building and using elevated master streams to control all the fire," Chris King of Fresno County Fire said.
Firefighters say at one point they had to get help from the community of Reedley. No injuries were reported and there's no estimate on the amount of damage. The cause is under investigation.
parlier, fresno county, fire, local
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos