Man hit by train in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is dead after being hit by a train in Downtown Fresno.
The crash happened just before 5 p.m. Saturday near G Street and Kern.
Police now say two freight trains were heading in opposite directions when one of them hit a pedestrian.
Investigators say it appears the man started to cross the tracks after the first train passed and didn't see the second train coming.
Officers tell Action News the crossing arms were down when the man tried crossing the tracks. His identity has not yet been released.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, accident, local
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn 17 min ago
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- California farmers to get more water 1 min ago
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession 7 min ago
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Photos: Pictures show killer spared at the gallows
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Hanford man arrested in child porn,...
23 min ago