Man hit by train in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is dead after being hit by a train in Downtown Fresno.
The crash happened just before 5 p.m. Saturday near G Street and Kern.
Police now say two freight trains were heading in opposite directions when one of them hit a pedestrian.
Investigators say it appears the man started to cross the tracks after the first train passed and didn't see the second train coming.
Officers tell Action News the crossing arms were down when the man tried crossing the tracks. His identity has not yet been released.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, accident, local
- Pedestrian killed in HWY 99 hit and run in Fresno 11 min ago
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos