Man hit by train in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is dead after being hit by a train in Downtown Fresno.
The crash happened just before 5 p.m. Saturday near G Street and Kern.
Police now say two freight trains were heading in opposite directions when one of them hit a pedestrian.
Investigators say it appears the man started to cross the tracks after the first train passed and didn't see the second train coming.
Officers tell Action News the crossing arms were down when the man tried crossing the tracks. His identity has not yet been released.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, accident, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys 50 min ago
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County 29 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 45 min ago
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving...
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos