Porterville woman, 40, gets prison time for sex with minor
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Porterville woman was sentenced in court for having a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old boy.
Tracy Hannah, 40, of Porterville got four years in prison on 15 counts of lewd acts with a child. Hannah stood next to her attorney in a Visalia courtroom after taking a plea deal.
The Porterville mother began an inappropriate relationship with her ex-boyfriend's son back in August of 2010. Hannah was arrested a year later.
The judge sentenced her to four years in prison over the objection of the DA's office.
Tulare County Deputy District Attorney Shani Jenkins said, "There's just so many counts, there was 15 counts, so there was 15 incidents, and that's what really bothered us and we felt more time was appropriate."
Defense Attorney Greg Hagopian said, "She's I think understandably upset about having to spend time in custody, but overall we came to a good resolution considering her possible exposure."
Hannah must also register as a sex offender and have no contact with her victim once released from prison.
crimetracker, sex crimes, porterville, tulare county, local
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety