Sanity phase of Jorge Banda's murder trial begins
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man found guilty of murder last week was back in court for the sanity phase of his trial.
Jorge Banda was found guilty of killing Tulare County Sheriff Detective Kent Haws.
Our cameras weren't allowed inside the Visalia courtroom. The same jury which found Banda guilty of murder will decide whether he was insane at the time.
If the jury finds Banda insane, he will serve his time in a mental institution. He'll face life in prison without the possibility of parole, if found sane.
crimetracker, murder, court, tulare county, visalia, ivanhoe, local, carlos saucedo
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- abcnews: Paul Ryan Says Presidential Ambitions Not... 24 min ago
- LA psychic, husband charged with curse scam
- California prostitutes win victim compensation
- Chaos, gunbattles, hungry kids in Central African Republic
- Lawmakers frustrated, optimistic about farm bill
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails