Sanity phase of Jorge Banda's murder trial begins
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man found guilty of murder last week was back in court for the sanity phase of his trial.
Jorge Banda was found guilty of killing Tulare County Sheriff Detective Kent Haws.
Our cameras weren't allowed inside the Visalia courtroom. The same jury which found Banda guilty of murder will decide whether he was insane at the time.
If the jury finds Banda insane, he will serve his time in a mental institution. He'll face life in prison without the possibility of parole, if found sane.
crimetracker, murder, court, tulare county, visalia, ivanhoe, local, carlos saucedo
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard 34 min ago
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases 58 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Accuweather Forecast
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos