Sanity phase of Jorge Banda's murder trial begins
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man found guilty of murder last week was back in court for the sanity phase of his trial.
Jorge Banda was found guilty of killing Tulare County Sheriff Detective Kent Haws.
Our cameras weren't allowed inside the Visalia courtroom. The same jury which found Banda guilty of murder will decide whether he was insane at the time.
If the jury finds Banda insane, he will serve his time in a mental institution. He'll face life in prison without the possibility of parole, if found sane.
crimetracker, murder, court, tulare county, visalia, ivanhoe, local, carlos saucedo
- Feds look to protect frogs, toad in Sierra Nevada
- Native American remains found during fishing trip
- 18-month-old child dies in Kern County house fire
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini, 51, dies
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- Panel restores some pay for California lawmakers, governor
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Valley kids get a new perspective on water
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos