Sanger man left with serious injuries after shooting
SANGER, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in Sanger are investigating a shooting that has left a man with serious injuries.
The shooting happened around 9:45 p.m. Wednesday night near the area of Almond and "I' Street. Police say someone called 911 to report hearing gun shots. When officers arrived, they found a man lying in the street with a gunshot wound to the upper thigh. He was taken to the hospital, but is expected to survive.
"We are conducting a lot of interviews. Everybody that was on the street when we got here is being talked to," said Fred Sanders with the Sanger Police Department.
Meantime, Sanger Police and the Fresno County gang unit searched the neighborhood looking for the shooter.
So far, no arrests have been made.
crimetracker, shooting, sanger, fresno county, local, linda mumma
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 30 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Near drownings on the rise 16 min ago
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 53 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Good Sports: Valley TNTV
51 min ago