Fresno cops ID teen who blinded boy, 7, with a rock
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police have identified a teenager who they believe threw a rock at a Fresno school bus and hit a seven-year-old boy in the eye.
Adam Rivera was a little more than a block away from his bus stop when the piece of asphalt came through an open window and caught him in the eye. The bus stopped and the driver got help, and within a few minutes, Rivera's mother was on the scene.
"His eye was shut and he was crying blood," Sarah Trejo. "It was just blood dripping out of his eye."
The second grader was taken to Community Regional Medical Center where doctors needed fifteen stitches to repair his left iris. They'll check his eyesight after the swelling goes down.
fresno unified school district, crimetracker, community regional medical center, fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos