Fresno cops ID teen who blinded boy, 7, with a rock
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police have identified a teenager who they believe threw a rock at a Fresno school bus and hit a seven-year-old boy in the eye.
Adam Rivera was a little more than a block away from his bus stop when the piece of asphalt came through an open window and caught him in the eye. The bus stopped and the driver got help, and within a few minutes, Rivera's mother was on the scene.
"His eye was shut and he was crying blood," Sarah Trejo. "It was just blood dripping out of his eye."
The second grader was taken to Community Regional Medical Center where doctors needed fifteen stitches to repair his left iris. They'll check his eyesight after the swelling goes down.
fresno unified school district, crimetracker, community regional medical center, fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- 31-year-old Fresno man reported missing near Huron 36 min ago
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- I-5 over the Grapevine and HWY 58 now open
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers