Body discovered in Fresno County field
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are working to identify a body found partially buried in Fresno County Monday afternoon.
A farm worker made the discovery in a corn field near Jameson and Mountain View.
Deputies say the corn stalks had recently been cut and they're not sure if the body was placed in the field prior to that.
Investigators spent hours at the scene trying to preserve evidence while removing the body.
Because it was partially buried, it wasn't immediately known if it belonged to a man or a woman but deputies are treating the case as a homicide.
fresno county, homicide, local, amanda perez
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 13 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident