Body discovered in Fresno County field
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are working to identify a body found partially buried in Fresno County Monday afternoon.
A farm worker made the discovery in a corn field near Jameson and Mountain View.
Deputies say the corn stalks had recently been cut and they're not sure if the body was placed in the field prior to that.
Investigators spent hours at the scene trying to preserve evidence while removing the body.
Because it was partially buried, it wasn't immediately known if it belonged to a man or a woman but deputies are treating the case as a homicide.
fresno county, homicide, local, amanda perez
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Are there enough police officers in Visalia?
- Good Sports: Kensuke Tanaka
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting