Body discovered in Fresno County field
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are working to identify a body found partially buried in Fresno County Monday afternoon.
A farm worker made the discovery in a corn field near Jameson and Mountain View.
Deputies say the corn stalks had recently been cut and they're not sure if the body was placed in the field prior to that.
Investigators spent hours at the scene trying to preserve evidence while removing the body.
Because it was partially buried, it wasn't immediately known if it belonged to a man or a woman but deputies are treating the case as a homicide.
fresno county, homicide, local, amanda perez
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos