Body discovered in Fresno County field
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are working to identify a body found partially buried in Fresno County Monday afternoon.
A farm worker made the discovery in a corn field near Jameson and Mountain View.
Deputies say the corn stalks had recently been cut and they're not sure if the body was placed in the field prior to that.
Investigators spent hours at the scene trying to preserve evidence while removing the body.
Because it was partially buried, it wasn't immediately known if it belonged to a man or a woman but deputies are treating the case as a homicide.
fresno county, homicide, local, amanda perez
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos