Man killed in Merced shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced Police responded to reports of gun fire late Sunday night in the area of W. Childs Ave. and G Street. When they arrived, they found a man suffering from gunshot wounds in the driveway of a home. The victim was sent to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Merced Police say details are still sketchy at this time. No motive has been established and police are looking for possible witnesses.
The victim's name has not been released. An autopsy will be scheduled for later this week. This is the sixth homicide of the year in the City of Merced.
merced, merced county, crimetracker, shooting, homicide, local
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 1 min ago
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos