Man killed in Merced shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced Police responded to reports of gun fire late Sunday night in the area of W. Childs Ave. and G Street. When they arrived, they found a man suffering from gunshot wounds in the driveway of a home. The victim was sent to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Merced Police say details are still sketchy at this time. No motive has been established and police are looking for possible witnesses.
The victim's name has not been released. An autopsy will be scheduled for later this week. This is the sixth homicide of the year in the City of Merced.
merced, merced county, crimetracker, shooting, homicide, local
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 40 min ago
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case