Man killed in Merced shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced Police responded to reports of gun fire late Sunday night in the area of W. Childs Ave. and G Street. When they arrived, they found a man suffering from gunshot wounds in the driveway of a home. The victim was sent to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Merced Police say details are still sketchy at this time. No motive has been established and police are looking for possible witnesses.
The victim's name has not been released. An autopsy will be scheduled for later this week. This is the sixth homicide of the year in the City of Merced.
merced, merced county, crimetracker, shooting, homicide, local
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Fowler High School holds college signing day
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Cement truck overturns on HWY 99 to HWY 180 interchange
- Accuweather Forecast
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos