Man arrested for allegedly raping a Visalia woman
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley man is in jail after police say he raped a Visalia woman and then took off in her car.
Visalia Police arrested James Sills on Sunday. Investigators say he bound and then sexually assaulted a woman in Visalia.
Police say someone showed up to rescue the woman, and that's when Sills took off with the victim's wallet and her car.
Hours after the incident, a CHP officer tracked down the stolen car in the area of Strathmore and arrested Sills.
visalia, strathmore, tulare county, lindsay, porterville, crimetracker, sex crimes, auto theft, local
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos