Man injured in Squaw Valley shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A neighborly dispute turned violent in a Fresno County community -- now one man is recovering from a gunshot wound.
Deputies say a man got into an argument with his neighbor over barking dogs and a fence along his property line. During the argument, deputies say the suspect pulled out a gun and shot the victim in the groin area.
The victim's son-in-law says the man wanted to kill his father-in-law.
"I was pretty scared to get shot myself so I kinda backpedaled and grabbed my father-in-law when it was cool and go him the heck outta there," said Fred Garza.
The victim was taken by helicopter to Community Regional Medical Center. He is expected to survive.
The suspect is now facing assault with a deadly weapon charges.
squaw valley, fresno county, shooting, crimetracker, local
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 25 min ago
- Two killed in shooting in Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View' 52 min ago
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit 52 min ago
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed 52 min ago
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman