Fresno police officer at home after being stabbed
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno police officer injured while responding to a deadly stabbing call in Central Fresno is said to be resting at home.
Officer Jonathan Linzey was stabbed in the back of the head when he showed up at a house near Van Ness and Home Avenue around 5 a.m. Monday.
Police say the suspect, 25-year-old Michael Crockell, was released from prison six months ago.
Investigators say he stabbed two women multiple times. Lisa Gilvary died.
The other woman was taken to the hospital, where she is expected to survive. Investigators say Crockell stabbed the officer when they tried to take the suspect into custody.
Linzey is said to be in good spirits at home.
fresno, fresno county, stabbing, crimetracker, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes 4 min ago
- Parlier students get iPad Airs 50 min ago
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Accuweather Forecast
3 min ago
- Fresno State program gets students...
4 min ago
- Work underway on new mural in Downtown Fresno
11 min ago
- Proposition 30 allows Parlier students to...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos