Fresno police officer at home after being stabbed
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno police officer injured while responding to a deadly stabbing call in Central Fresno is said to be resting at home.
Officer Jonathan Linzey was stabbed in the back of the head when he showed up at a house near Van Ness and Home Avenue around 5 a.m. Monday.
Police say the suspect, 25-year-old Michael Crockell, was released from prison six months ago.
Investigators say he stabbed two women multiple times. Lisa Gilvary died.
The other woman was taken to the hospital, where she is expected to survive. Investigators say Crockell stabbed the officer when they tried to take the suspect into custody.
Linzey is said to be in good spirits at home.
fresno, fresno county, stabbing, crimetracker, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 4 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Accuweather Forecast
18 min ago