Fresno woman dead in suspected murder-suicide
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned more about what authorities believe is a murder-suicide in Sacramento that involved a woman from Fresno.
The Sacramento County Coroner's Office has identified the woman as 41-year-old Kassandra Atterberry.
Investigators have not yet identified the other person, only confirming that he is a man.
Family members told police they had not heard from the couple in a while and were worried. A family member found the two bodies when checking their home last evening.
Authorities say that the man and Atterberry were in a relationship.
Investigators haven't revealed if Atterberry is the suspect or the victim in this murder-suicide case.
sacramento, murder-suicide, crimetracker, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake 2 min ago
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno 56 min ago
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings