Hinds Hospice holds annual gala
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hinds Hospice held its gala at the Fresno Convention Center on Friday night.
The theme was "A Night With Nancy".
In addition to being a fundraiser, the event honored the longtime CEO and founder of the hospice Nancy Hinds, who has led the organization since 1981.
She stepped down earlier this year but will remain with the hospice to work on special projects and advise the board of directors.
The evening also featured dinner, dancing and a silent auction to benefit the work of the hospice. Tonight's most popular item to bid on were two adorable dogs.
Action News anchor Margot Kim served as the emcee for the event.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- 3 boys missing in Dinuba
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover