Two wounded in Northeast Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are looking for the suspect or suspects responsible for a drive-by shooting in Northeast Fresno.
The shooting happened shortly after midnight on Rialto Avenue, near 11th Street. Police say when officers arrived at the scene they found a woman with a gunshot wound to the shoulder. They also found a man who was shot in the leg.
Investigators say a light colored vehicle drove down the street and opened fire, hitting both people. Police are still trying to figure out if the incident is gang-related.
"At this time, there isn't anything that would indicate that. We are looking into the possibility there may have been a prior disturbance in the area and that may have had something to do with it," said Jon Papaleo with the Fresno Police Department.
Both victims were taken to the hospital and are expected to survive. If you have any information, Fresno Police would like to hear from you.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, crimetracker, shooting, local
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball! 4 min ago
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Accuweather Forecast
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos