Two wounded in Northeast Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are looking for the suspect or suspects responsible for a drive-by shooting in Northeast Fresno.
The shooting happened shortly after midnight on Rialto Avenue, near 11th Street. Police say when officers arrived at the scene they found a woman with a gunshot wound to the shoulder. They also found a man who was shot in the leg.
Investigators say a light colored vehicle drove down the street and opened fire, hitting both people. Police are still trying to figure out if the incident is gang-related.
"At this time, there isn't anything that would indicate that. We are looking into the possibility there may have been a prior disturbance in the area and that may have had something to do with it," said Jon Papaleo with the Fresno Police Department.
Both victims were taken to the hospital and are expected to survive. If you have any information, Fresno Police would like to hear from you.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, crimetracker, shooting, local
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos