Two wounded in Northeast Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are looking for the suspect or suspects responsible for a drive-by shooting in Northeast Fresno.
The shooting happened shortly after midnight on Rialto Avenue, near 11th Street. Police say when officers arrived at the scene they found a woman with a gunshot wound to the shoulder. They also found a man who was shot in the leg.
Investigators say a light colored vehicle drove down the street and opened fire, hitting both people. Police are still trying to figure out if the incident is gang-related.
"At this time, there isn't anything that would indicate that. We are looking into the possibility there may have been a prior disturbance in the area and that may have had something to do with it," said Jon Papaleo with the Fresno Police Department.
Both victims were taken to the hospital and are expected to survive. If you have any information, Fresno Police would like to hear from you.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, crimetracker, shooting, local
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno 22 min ago
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender 5 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- California farmers to get more water
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Accuweather Forecast
41 min ago
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
25 min ago
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex...
8 min ago