Two wounded in Northeast Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are looking for the suspect or suspects responsible for a drive-by shooting in Northeast Fresno.
The shooting happened shortly after midnight on Rialto Avenue, near 11th Street. Police say when officers arrived at the scene they found a woman with a gunshot wound to the shoulder. They also found a man who was shot in the leg.
Investigators say a light colored vehicle drove down the street and opened fire, hitting both people. Police are still trying to figure out if the incident is gang-related.
"At this time, there isn't anything that would indicate that. We are looking into the possibility there may have been a prior disturbance in the area and that may have had something to do with it," said Jon Papaleo with the Fresno Police Department.
Both victims were taken to the hospital and are expected to survive. If you have any information, Fresno Police would like to hear from you.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, crimetracker, shooting, local
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno