Two wounded in Northeast Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are looking for the suspect or suspects responsible for a drive-by shooting in Northeast Fresno.
The shooting happened shortly after midnight on Rialto Avenue, near 11th Street. Police say when officers arrived at the scene they found a woman with a gunshot wound to the shoulder. They also found a man who was shot in the leg.
Investigators say a light colored vehicle drove down the street and opened fire, hitting both people. Police are still trying to figure out if the incident is gang-related.
"At this time, there isn't anything that would indicate that. We are looking into the possibility there may have been a prior disturbance in the area and that may have had something to do with it," said Jon Papaleo with the Fresno Police Department.
Both victims were taken to the hospital and are expected to survive. If you have any information, Fresno Police would like to hear from you.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, crimetracker, shooting, local
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 40 min ago
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case