Man wanted in Tulare Co arrested in Missouri
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man wanted for murder in Tulare County has been arrested in Missouri.
A rancher found the victim's body in a burned car at Avenue 224 near Road 236 in the Lindsay area on Friday.
He's been identified as 20-year-old Michael Avalos.
Early Sunday morning U.S. Marshals tracked down 23-year-old Joshua Stepp at an Amtrak station in Kansas City.
Detectives believe he stabbed Avalos before burning his body. Stepp is now waiting to be extradited to Tulare County.
Deputies arrested Stepp's 58-year-old mother Sandra and 22-year-old Nathan Hunt on Saturday.
They're both accused of helping with the murder.
lindsay, tulare county, crimetracker, homicide, local
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home 16 min ago
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees 54 min ago
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos