Highland Gathering celebrates Scottish heritage
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Families from across the Valley celebrated their Scottish heritage in Fresno Saturday.
The sounds of bagpipes and drums filled the air during the 35th annual Highland Gathering and Games at Kearney Park. Athletes wearing kilts showed their strength during traditional competitions -- including the stone put and the hammer throw.
Spectators also enjoyed watching a goat herding demonstration. Many also took time to browse through the Celtic marketplace.
Organizers say this is considered one of the finest one day Scottish events on the West Coast.
fresno county, fresno southwest, kerman, festival, local
- USC routs No. 21 Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 28 min ago
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 52 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Accuweather Forecast
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos