Highland Gathering celebrates Scottish heritage
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Families from across the Valley celebrated their Scottish heritage in Fresno Saturday.
The sounds of bagpipes and drums filled the air during the 35th annual Highland Gathering and Games at Kearney Park. Athletes wearing kilts showed their strength during traditional competitions -- including the stone put and the hammer throw.
Spectators also enjoyed watching a goat herding demonstration. Many also took time to browse through the Celtic marketplace.
Organizers say this is considered one of the finest one day Scottish events on the West Coast.
fresno county, fresno southwest, kerman, festival, local
- Pedestrian killed in HWY 99 hit and run in Fresno 4 min ago
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma 59 min ago
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos