Ex-Fresno HS coach gets 7 years in prison for child pornography
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former substitute teacher and coach at Fresno High School is going to prison for child pornography possession.
John Richards, 41, was sentenced to seven years in federal prison. He was arrested in August of last year.
Prosecutors say Richards watched and shared child pornography on the internet.
Richards was dismissed as a substitute teacher and resigned as a coach after the investigation began.
Fresno Unified officials said there was no evidence that Richards had sexual contact with any students.
fresno, crimetracker, court, fresno county, local
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children 48 min ago
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop 51 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital 45 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- 7 health apps you need to know about
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball
- Chowchilla Western Stampede attracts visitors
18 min ago