Ex-Fresno HS coach gets 7 years in prison for child pornography
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former substitute teacher and coach at Fresno High School is going to prison for child pornography possession.
John Richards, 41, was sentenced to seven years in federal prison. He was arrested in August of last year.
Prosecutors say Richards watched and shared child pornography on the internet.
Richards was dismissed as a substitute teacher and resigned as a coach after the investigation began.
Fresno Unified officials said there was no evidence that Richards had sexual contact with any students.
fresno, crimetracker, court, fresno county, local
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl