Officer involved shooting in Northeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway after six Fresno Police officers were involved in a shooting at Millbrook and Browning in Northeast Fresno.
According to Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer, the police department received several calls regarding a man who had fired a pistol grip shotgun outside a home in Northeast Fresno.
Dyer said Fresno Police responded to find the man in the front yard of the home on Millbrook. Dyer said after setting up a perimeter, police began talking with the man. At some point during the conversation, the man lifted the shotgun and pointed it at officers, according to Dyer.
Chief Dyer said the police officers felt they were about to be shot, and six officers opened fire on the man, firing at least 20 shots. The man died at the scene.
The man appeared to be in his early 20's, according to Dyer. Police have not released the identity of the man.
Dyer said a domestic disturbance call was received about three weeks ago from the home where the man was shot. No arrests were made at that time.
Police do not know what let to the man being outside with the shotgun, but his roommates suggested that the man had been depressed lately, and had not been acting normally.
No officers where injured in the incident. This is the eight officer-involved shooting so far this year.
Watch video above for more.
Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for more on this Breaking News
crimetracker, officer involved shooting, fresno police department, jerry dyer, fresno county, fresno, local, mariana jacob
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Good Sports: Kensuke Tanaka
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford