Officer involved shooting in Northeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway after six Fresno Police officers were involved in a shooting at Millbrook and Browning in Northeast Fresno.
According to Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer, the police department received several calls regarding a man who had fired a pistol grip shotgun outside a home in Northeast Fresno.
Dyer said Fresno Police responded to find the man in the front yard of the home on Millbrook. Dyer said after setting up a perimeter, police began talking with the man. At some point during the conversation, the man lifted the shotgun and pointed it at officers, according to Dyer.
Chief Dyer said the police officers felt they were about to be shot, and six officers opened fire on the man, firing at least 20 shots. The man died at the scene.
The man appeared to be in his early 20's, according to Dyer. Police have not released the identity of the man.
Dyer said a domestic disturbance call was received about three weeks ago from the home where the man was shot. No arrests were made at that time.
Police do not know what let to the man being outside with the shotgun, but his roommates suggested that the man had been depressed lately, and had not been acting normally.
No officers where injured in the incident. This is the eight officer-involved shooting so far this year.
Watch video above for more.
Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for more on this Breaking News
crimetracker, officer involved shooting, fresno police department, jerry dyer, fresno county, fresno, local, mariana jacob
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store 34 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos