Body found in Fresno County in the city Parlier
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating a body found in an orchard. The discovery was made Wednesday afternoon, near a farm house at Manning and Smith in Parlier.
A farmer working in his orchard found the body. He called 9-1-1 to report a possible injured person. When deputies arrived they determined the man, identified only as an Hispanic male adult, was dead, and there were signs of trauma.
Deputy Chris Curtice said it did not appear the body had been there for very long. It was found several hundred yards behind the farm house.
Investigators remain at the scene and the coroner's office has been called out to try and determine the cause of death.
fresno county, parlier, fresno, local, gene haagenson
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove 6 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman