Body found in Fresno County in the city Parlier
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating a body found in an orchard. The discovery was made Wednesday afternoon, near a farm house at Manning and Smith in Parlier.
A farmer working in his orchard found the body. He called 9-1-1 to report a possible injured person. When deputies arrived they determined the man, identified only as an Hispanic male adult, was dead, and there were signs of trauma.
Deputy Chris Curtice said it did not appear the body had been there for very long. It was found several hundred yards behind the farm house.
Investigators remain at the scene and the coroner's office has been called out to try and determine the cause of death.
fresno county, parlier, fresno, local, gene haagenson
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl