Body found in Fresno County in the city Parlier
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating a body found in an orchard. The discovery was made Wednesday afternoon, near a farm house at Manning and Smith in Parlier.
A farmer working in his orchard found the body. He called 9-1-1 to report a possible injured person. When deputies arrived they determined the man, identified only as an Hispanic male adult, was dead, and there were signs of trauma.
Deputy Chris Curtice said it did not appear the body had been there for very long. It was found several hundred yards behind the farm house.
Investigators remain at the scene and the coroner's office has been called out to try and determine the cause of death.
fresno county, parlier, fresno, local, gene haagenson
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Panel restores some pay for California lawmakers, governor
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks