Man may face DUI charges in Madera Unified bus crash
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man may face charges for driving under the influence after a crash involving a school bus in Madera. The accident happened on Fourth Street near L Street.
The highway patrol says 11 high school students were on the Madera Unified bus when a car in front of them slowed down to make a right turn into an alleyway.
Investigators say the bus didn't stop in time and ran into the side of the car. The school district is now investigating the driver's role in the accident.
Four of the students were taken to Madera Community Hospital with minor injuries. Both people in the car were also treated for minor injuries, but officers later arrested the driver.
"After further investigation the driver of the small sedan was found to be under the influence," Officer Mark Cosentino said. "He was taken into custody and booked in the Madera County jail."
That driver has been identified as 37-year-old Andy Williams. He is now out of jail on bail.
crimetracker, dui, madera, madera county, local, sara sandrik
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos