Meters along Highway 180 in Central Fresno are activated
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- New ramp meters along Highway 180 in Central Fresno are now up and running.
The traffic lights are in place to control the flow of vehicles entering northbound Highway 41 from Highway 180.
Caltrans spent $800 thousand to install the lights along one of the most congested roadways in the Valley.
The meters will turn on as traffic on northbound 41 slows down. The heaviest traffic is usually weekdays between 4 to 6 in the evening.
Warning signs are in place to alert drivers when the meters are in use.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local, rick montanez
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community 54 min ago
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Life or death? Jodi Arias jury deadlocked
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera