Meters along Highway 180 in Central Fresno are activated
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- New ramp meters along Highway 180 in Central Fresno are now up and running.
The traffic lights are in place to control the flow of vehicles entering northbound Highway 41 from Highway 180.
Caltrans spent $800 thousand to install the lights along one of the most congested roadways in the Valley.
The meters will turn on as traffic on northbound 41 slows down. The heaviest traffic is usually weekdays between 4 to 6 in the evening.
Warning signs are in place to alert drivers when the meters are in use.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local, rick montanez
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos