Homicide investigation in the city of Kingsburg
KINGSBURG, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are investigating a homicide in the city of Kingsburg.
A Fresno County man is dead Thursday morning and now authorities are trying to figure out what happened inside his Kingsburg home that led to his death.
Kingsburg Police officers and Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating the murder near Seventh Avenue and Marell in Kingsburg. Detectives say a 50-year-old man was shot and killed Wednesday night.
Authorities are not releasing much information, but say they're looking into whether an intruder may be behind the murder.
"The woman heard a noise in the front room. The husband went out to investigate. The wife later heard at least one gunshot. When she went out to check, she found her husband in the living room -- he had been shot at least one time. And he was deceased on the scene," said Chris Curtice with the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
Detectives say the couple has an 11-year-old son, but he was not home at the time of the shooting.
homicide, crimetracker, kingsburg, fresno county, local, gene haagenson
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels 50 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases