Homicide investigation in the city of Kingsburg
KINGSBURG, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are investigating a homicide in the city of Kingsburg.
A Fresno County man is dead Thursday morning and now authorities are trying to figure out what happened inside his Kingsburg home that led to his death.
Kingsburg Police officers and Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating the murder near Seventh Avenue and Marell in Kingsburg. Detectives say a 50-year-old man was shot and killed Wednesday night.
Authorities are not releasing much information, but say they're looking into whether an intruder may be behind the murder.
"The woman heard a noise in the front room. The husband went out to investigate. The wife later heard at least one gunshot. When she went out to check, she found her husband in the living room -- he had been shot at least one time. And he was deceased on the scene," said Chris Curtice with the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
Detectives say the couple has an 11-year-old son, but he was not home at the time of the shooting.
homicide, crimetracker, kingsburg, fresno county, local, gene haagenson
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US 55 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos