Homicide investigation in the city of Kingsburg
KINGSBURG, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are investigating a homicide in the city of Kingsburg.
A Fresno County man is dead Thursday morning and now authorities are trying to figure out what happened inside his Kingsburg home that led to his death.
Kingsburg Police officers and Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating the murder near Seventh Avenue and Marell in Kingsburg. Detectives say a 50-year-old man was shot and killed Wednesday night.
Authorities are not releasing much information, but say they're looking into whether an intruder may be behind the murder.
"The woman heard a noise in the front room. The husband went out to investigate. The wife later heard at least one gunshot. When she went out to check, she found her husband in the living room -- he had been shot at least one time. And he was deceased on the scene," said Chris Curtice with the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
Detectives say the couple has an 11-year-old son, but he was not home at the time of the shooting.
homicide, crimetracker, kingsburg, fresno county, local, gene haagenson
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals