Woman struck by a car in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A woman is in the hospital after she was hit by car in Downtown Fresno. The accident happened around 7:30 Wednesday night near the intersection of Abby and Divisadero.
Police said the driver tried to avoid a woman in the roadway, but ultimately hit her. She was taken to Community Regional Medical Center -- and went into surgery. She is expected to live.
Investigators reported that the driver stopped to assist the pedestrian. Police said that alcohol did not play a role in the crash.
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Overseas lotto scams prey on elderly
- Bob Wills home threatened by development
- New bike trail underpass raises deadly crash questions 48 min ago
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos