Tulare man found guilty of killing his grandmother
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley jury reached a verdict in the trial of Raul Viveros.
Viveros was charged with murdering his 71-year-old grandmother in Tulare back in 2010. After several days of deliberations, Thursday morning a jury found Viveros guilty of 2nd degree murder.
Prosecutors say Viveros took his grandmother's car after stabbing her more than 50 times at the Tulare home where they lived.
Viveros will face sentencing at a later date.
tulare, tulare county, murder, court, local, carlos saucedo
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos