Kingsburg woman arrested in connection to her husband's death
PRESS RELEASE (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's detectives have made an arrest in connection with last night's shooting death of Robert Ellis in the City of Kingsburg. Earlier this afternoon, 48 year old Kathryn Ellis, wife of the victim, was arrested at a relative's home in Clovis.
Last night, shortly before 8:00pm, Kingsburg PD received a 911 call from Kathryn Ellis reporting an intruder at their home at 841 Seventh Ave. KPD officers arrived and found the 51 year old victim in the living room of the home, dead of an apparent gunshot wound.
Kingsburg PD immediately requested the assistance of the Sheriff's Homicide detectives who have been working the case nonstop since last night.
Last night, Kathryn Ellis reported that she and her husband had been in their bedroom when they heard a noise from another part of the house. She advised she hid in the bathroom while her husband went to investigate. Moments later, she heard more than one gunshot. When she went to check on her husband, she found him lying in the living room, shot to death.
Earlier today, detectives re-contacted Kathryn Ellis in Clovis where she was arrested. She is being booked into the Fresno County Jail on the charge of murder.
The 15 year old son of the couple was reportedly away from the home at a school function when the incident occurred. He has been turned over to Child Protective Services.
crimetracker, murder, shooting, kingsburg, fresno county, fresno county sheriff department, local
- SW Fresno crash leaves multiple people injured 43 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt