Kingsburg woman arrested in connection to her husband's death
PRESS RELEASE (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's detectives have made an arrest in connection with last night's shooting death of Robert Ellis in the City of Kingsburg. Earlier this afternoon, 48 year old Kathryn Ellis, wife of the victim, was arrested at a relative's home in Clovis.
Last night, shortly before 8:00pm, Kingsburg PD received a 911 call from Kathryn Ellis reporting an intruder at their home at 841 Seventh Ave. KPD officers arrived and found the 51 year old victim in the living room of the home, dead of an apparent gunshot wound.
Kingsburg PD immediately requested the assistance of the Sheriff's Homicide detectives who have been working the case nonstop since last night.
Last night, Kathryn Ellis reported that she and her husband had been in their bedroom when they heard a noise from another part of the house. She advised she hid in the bathroom while her husband went to investigate. Moments later, she heard more than one gunshot. When she went to check on her husband, she found him lying in the living room, shot to death.
Earlier today, detectives re-contacted Kathryn Ellis in Clovis where she was arrested. She is being booked into the Fresno County Jail on the charge of murder.
The 15 year old son of the couple was reportedly away from the home at a school function when the incident occurred. He has been turned over to Child Protective Services.
crimetracker, murder, shooting, kingsburg, fresno county, fresno county sheriff department, local
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps 27 min ago
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help 21 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 50 min ago
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart