Man ID'd in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police revealed the identity of the person killed in an officer-involved shooting in Northeast Fresno. They say Elias Monge, 22, was killed Wednesday outside a home near Millbrook and browning.
Police officials say six officers responded to the scene at about 8:30 in the morning after people reported a man armed with gun outside this home.
Investigators say the man pointed his weapon at police, and that's when six police responded with gunfire. No officers were hurt but the man died on the scene.
Six officers are on administrative leave.
This is the eighth officer-involved shooting in Fresno, this year.
officer involved shooting, crimetracker, fresno police department, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos