Man ID'd in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police revealed the identity of the person killed in an officer-involved shooting in Northeast Fresno. They say Elias Monge, 22, was killed Wednesday outside a home near Millbrook and browning.
Police officials say six officers responded to the scene at about 8:30 in the morning after people reported a man armed with gun outside this home.
Investigators say the man pointed his weapon at police, and that's when six police responded with gunfire. No officers were hurt but the man died on the scene.
Six officers are on administrative leave.
This is the eighth officer-involved shooting in Fresno, this year.
officer involved shooting, crimetracker, fresno police department, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn 29 min ago
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- California farmers to get more water 2 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Photos: Easter traditions explained