Fresno police officer accused of rape fired
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned that a Fresno police officer accused of rape has been fired from the department.
34-year-old William Wyatt had been with the Fresno Police Department for nine years.
He's accused of raping a woman after a night of drinking nearly two years ago. Wyatt has pled not guilty to the crimes.
Friday night, Chief Dyer confirmed Wyatt has been terminated and is no longer with the department.
fresno police department, crimetracker, sex crimes, fresno, fresno county, local
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem