Kingsburg woman charged in death of husband
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Kingsburg woman has been charged with one count of murder in the death of her husband.
Investigators say 48-year-old Kathryn Ellis shot and killed Robert Ellis last week in the couple's home.
Action News has also learned Kathryn Ellis looked into opening a life insurance policy on her husband in the week's leading up to his death. But an insurance agent says she never went through with the policy.
Investigators say Ellis told them an intruder shot her husband. The Fresno County Sheriff's Office says physical evidence in the home points to Kathryn Ellis as the shooter.
kingsburg, fresno county, crimetracker, homicide, murder, local
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer 48 min ago
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Accuweather Forecast
55 min ago
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos