Boyfriend arrested for woman's beating death in Fresno County
FRESNO COUNTY, California (KFSN) -- Investigators from the Fresno County Sheriff's Department have arrested a 23 year old man in connection to his girlfriend's murder. It happened on Cherry north of Daleville, at the same home where deputies investigated a double homicide exactly a month ago.
The body of a 30 year old woman was discovered Thursday afternoon. Investigators won't say how she died. Within hours, detectives arrested her boyfriend, identified as Gabriel Rosiles. The parolee was located less than a mile away from the crime scene. "We had the property surrounded, we called for him to come out, and several came out. He came out with his mother," said Deputy Chris Curtice.
Investigators have not released the victim's identity but those who knew the woman described her as a good person who always put others first. "She was very giving, very sweet, she didn't deserve what happened to her," said a relative who didn't want to be identified.
The victim was found in the same trailer where detectives investigated a double murder. One month ago, Jimmy Oliver, Senior and Jimmy Oliver, Junior were found shot. Three men -- all related to each other -- were arrested in connection to the double homicide. At that time, detectives also chopped down the marijuana garden they found behind the home. But investigators said none of that is connected to the woman's death.
Friends and relatives of the victim are now working to raise money for the woman's funeral.
crimetracker, murder, fresno county, fresno, local, stephanie stone
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos