Stanislaus Co children found near Atwater
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in Stanislaus County have cancelled an AMBER Alert for a 9-year-old boy and a 6-year-old girl.
Action News has learned that the man being sought by authorities was found by the California Highway Patrol near Atwater. The children who were the subject of the alert were reportedly not harmed.
Stanislaus County Sheriff's Deputies said the incident began when they responded to a family disturbance in the community of Empire near Modesto. Upon arriving they reported that 47-year-old Phillip Tumilty had been involved in a dispute with his ex-wife and said he told her he would take the couple's children to school.
Authorities said hours later the two children were not taken to school, prompting the alert.
The alert was issued for Stanislaus, Madera, Merced, Fresno, Kings, Tulare and Kern Counties.
Stay tuned to Action News and ABC30.com for the latest on this breaking news.
amber alert, atwater, merced county, local
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 49 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Craigslist played role in Madera Co. shooting
48 min ago