Stanislaus Co children found near Atwater
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in Stanislaus County have cancelled an AMBER Alert for a 9-year-old boy and a 6-year-old girl.
Action News has learned that the man being sought by authorities was found by the California Highway Patrol near Atwater. The children who were the subject of the alert were reportedly not harmed.
Stanislaus County Sheriff's Deputies said the incident began when they responded to a family disturbance in the community of Empire near Modesto. Upon arriving they reported that 47-year-old Phillip Tumilty had been involved in a dispute with his ex-wife and said he told her he would take the couple's children to school.
Authorities said hours later the two children were not taken to school, prompting the alert.
The alert was issued for Stanislaus, Madera, Merced, Fresno, Kings, Tulare and Kern Counties.
Stay tuned to Action News and ABC30.com for the latest on this breaking news.
amber alert, atwater, merced county, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos