State mining museum in Mariposa robbed
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California State Mining and Mineral Museum in Mariposa was robbed Friday night, according to law enforcement officials.
Mariposa County Sheriff's Deputies said the robbery was reported around 4 p.m. but officials were not able to locate the suspects described by witnesses after arriving on the scene.
Authorities now estimate robbers stole about $2 million worth of minerals from a Mariposa museum.
The Mining and Mineral Museum contains examples of rare and valuable minerals from around California and the world, including gold. Parts of the collection date back more than a century.
crimetracker, robbery, mariposa, mariposa county, local, rick montanez
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers 35 min ago
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos