Colorful race comes to Woodward Park
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Nearly ten thousand colorful runners dashed through Woodward Park Saturday.
Volunteers sprayed the athletes with colored water and threw bright powder at them along the Color Me Rad course.
Participants say the 5k was a lot of fun even though the colorful corn starch clouds slowed them down.
The money raised from this run will go toward a new day program at the Central Valley Ronald McDonald House.
"It's a big cloud of color, when you run through you can't see what's in front of you because it's color," Katy Peoples of Sanger said.
"We're going to do this day service so families can use our house for a couple of hours to get a meal, get some rest and go back to the hospital," Hannah Johnson of the Ronald McDonald House said.
Color Me Rad hosts these runs all across the country, but this is the first one ever in Fresno.
fresno, fresno northeast, woodward park, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos