Investigation into museum theft continues
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Valuable items from a Mariposa museum are now locked up in a secret location as the investigation continues into a robbery there.
That's according to the state parks department, which runs the California Mining and Mineral Museum.
Officials say as many as three staff members were inside the building Friday afternoon when it was robbed.
Witnesses told the Mariposa Gazette two men armed with a pick-axe ran in and forced employees to one side of the museum before going into the vault.
That triggered an alarm, and the suspects got out just before the vault locked. Authorities are still searching for the robbers. It's not clear yet exactly what they were able to steal.
mariposa, mariposa county, theft, crimetracker, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay 2 min ago
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal 33 min ago
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos